Bird Photography: Audubon Series
This workshop aims to develop skills and strategies to improve your bird photographs. Technical, artistic, and practical topics associated included in this workshop are:
· Equipment and associated accessories needed for static and birds in flight photography.
· Light, exposure and composition techniques.
· The role of software and the digital darkroom as a management and processing tool.
· Where to go and how to approach birds.
· Ethical issues associated with nature photography.
What is bird photography?
· Bird on a stick. 2-28
· Bird only. 29-54
· Environmental photography. 55-116
· Behavioral: breeding, feeding, migration, displaying etc. 117-217
· Birds in flight . 218-257
· Realism or documentary vs. expressionistic/artistic photography 258-286
· Outdoor studio photography vs. nature or “natural” photography. 287-293
Improving your skills
· Master shooting pigeons, gulls, sparrows at first.
· Create bird photo projects for yourself. Start small, think big.
· Join a bird photography forum, post/critique daily.
· Let light organize your shooting schedule. Aim for the magical hours.
· Consider taking a bird/ornithology workshop.
· Birds as Art, Arthur Morris
Eduardo del Solar