Bird Photography: Audubon Series
This workshop aims to develop skills and strategies to improve your bird photographs. Technical, artistic, and practical topics associated included in this workshop are:
· Equipment and associated accessories needed for static and birds in flight photography.
· Light, exposure and composition techniques.
· The role of software and the digital darkroom as a management and processing tool.
· Where to go and how to approach birds.
· Ethical issues associated with nature photography.
What is bird photography?
· Bird on a stick. page 1-2
· Bird only. page 2-3
· Environmental photography. page 3- 4
· Behavioral: breeding, feeding, migration, displaying etc. page 5-8
· Birds in flight . 218-257 page 8-9
· Realism or documentary vs. expressionistic/artistic photography page 9-10
Improving your skills
· Master shooting pigeons, gulls, sparrows at first.
· Create bird photo projects for yourself. Start small, think big.
· Join a bird photography forum, post/critique daily.
· Let light organize your shooting schedule. Aim for the magical hours.
· Consider taking a bird/ornithology workshop.
· Birds as Art, Arthur Morris
Eduardo del Solar